Slice of Life: Unappreciated 29 of 31
This morning, I walked into the front room to sit in my usual spot by the windows with coffee in hand. The room felt a little chilly so I reached for the throw blanket which was just sitting there, folded, and waiting patiently for its next use. It occurred to me, at this moment, throw blankets are completely under-appreciated, yet I can't imagine life without them. In our house, you'll find one in the front room, three in the living room, and one on most of the beds. This made me start to think about the items in my life that are completely under-appreciated.
- Throw Blankets (see above): especially the really soft kind!
- Herb Scissors: Do you have these? If not, you need to go find them right now. They're divine.
- End Tables: My coffee is resting perfectly on one right now.
- Watering Can: Seriously! Without the watering can I'd have to drag our ginormous hose all around our yard!
- Toothbrush Stand: What if you toothbrush just had to sit in your cabinet or on your counter? Yuck! Thank goodness for the toothbrush stand.
- Newspaper: Digital or paper, newspapers are under appreciated. In this world of aggregated information sent our way the newspaper is the one way we can still manage the our information.
- Lemons: They're great in water, added to food or in scents. They smell clean and add just the right zest to a dish.
- Wristlet: Where were we before the wristlet? They allow us to grab just the essentials and go! They're easily stashed in bags and moved from spot to spot.
- Socks: There are so many kinds of socks: fun socks, extra warm socks, workout socks, slipper socks. They keep our feet warm and make our shoes more comfortable. We don't give them a thought - until we don't have them with us.
- Bookbags: We might be able to argue this one - especially in this community, but I think we take book bags for granted. Every trip to the library needs one. Think how often they help us get things to and from school! (Sometimes they work as longterm storage solutions. Ha! I don't recommend this.)
It's March and I'm diving back into the March Slice of Life Challenge! Buckle in! This will be my 8th year joining the community (though I must confess to a two year break). Yep, some of the writing will be messy. Honestly, most of it will be messy. Thanks for stopping by. I'm excited to dive back into the madness. Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for hosting.