Slice of Life: Stories Lost 5 of 31

When I drive through cities I get overwhelmed by the stories that are everywhere.  How many stories are happening in any given minute?  How many get captured?  How many get told over and over?  How many get written down?  How many get lost?  

As I look back over years of writing stories for the March Slice of Challenge, I am grateful for all the stories that got written down.  Last year, I decided not to write as life felt too busy.  Honestly, when I made the decision I had no idea that we were about to enter a pandemic.  I had no idea we were about to spend a good part of the month teaching from home.  Now when I look at the post number for March of 2020 on this blog, ZERO, I wonder what might story I might have captured if I had written.  

Here are some possibilities:


Had I written in March 


you might have known 

about the baby shower for our oldest daughter:

OUR FIRST GRANDCHILD COMING SOON


had I written,  you might know

the story of teaching online and working on Zoom

might have been written


you might have read 

about the end of grocery shopping

and eating out


I might have written 

about the endless hand washing

and packages that waited in the garage for days


you might have known 

about the ever-changing wedding plans

of our youngest daughter


you might have heard 

about the worry 

for our parents


you might realize the struggle

to make sense of all that was happening

as the world we had known came to halt


but I didn't write - at least not here - 

for the month of March:  

stories lost.  


It's March and I'm diving back into the March Slice of Life Challenge!  Buckle in!  This will be my 8th year joining the community (though I must confess to a two year break).  Yep, some of the writing will be messy.  Honestly, most of it will be messy.  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm excited to dive back into the madness.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for hosting.  



Comments

  1. I loved this post and the reflection. The idea of stories not being captured also really makes me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cathy, love the echo and loss of the list. Congratulations on your first grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last line. Grabbing! Phew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the time now to write a lot of the stories from the pandemic. They are still in your head and your fingers are itching to write!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer