National Poetry Month: Closing the Door (8 of 30)

It's National Poetry Month. I will be posting a poem each day. No theme. I'm just going to follow the spark each day, wherever I might find it. It's bound to be messy. 

In yesterday's Poetry Friday roundup, Lou Piccolo shared a triolet poem. I must admit, I was intrigued. Today, in poetry desperation, I asked Google, "What is an eight-line poem?" (It's the 8th day of the challenge.) When Google said it was a triolet, I felt I had to give one a try. I still have a lot to learn about this form of poetry (and maybe I broke at least one rule when giving it a try today). Thanks, Lou, for the inspiration. 



Sometimes we must walk away, 
closing the door behind us.
Though next steps are hard to weigh,
sometimes we must walk away
so as not unto our heart betray,
an act that is quite gracious.
Sometimes we must walk away,
closing the door behind us.

© Cathy L. Mere, 2023








Comments

  1. Good job with your triolet! The repetition really works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer