National Poetry Month: Friendship (18 of 30)

It's National Poetry Month. I will be posting a poem each day. No theme. I'm just going to follow the spark each day, wherever I might find it. It's bound to be messy. 

Emily P. Freeman's podcast, The Next Right Thing, has become one of my favorites. This week she shared a blessing about friendship. I hope you'll stop over and listen to it. It had such beautiful words that I thought it might make a good found poem. 














Friendship

Friendship:
    abundance,

        gift.

ebbs and flows,
    breathes,
like water falling
    from the sky.

JOY.
respite.
steady.
strong.

connection.
comfort.
presence.

the generosity of water,
    the steadiness of trees,
        the harmony of starlings.

Friendship. 



A found poem from A Blessing for Friendship, written by Emily P. Freeman at the Next Right Thing. 

Freeman, Emily P. (Host). (2023, April 18.) A Blessing For Friendship (No. 271). [Audio podcast
    episode]. In The Next Right Thing. https://emilypfreeman.com/podcast/271/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer