National Poetry Month: Daffodils 3 of 30



It's National Poetry Month. This month, I'll be on the lookout for JOY this year. In an effort to CHOOSE JOY, I'll share a poem each day this month about what I find. 



Daffodils

What would spring be
without a poem
about daffodils?

Without a poem 
that reminds
of their beauty?

Without pausing to note
the way they confidently
begin a spring parade of flowers?

Without putting words
on a page to celebrate
their arrival? 

What would spring be
without a poem 
to make us pause
to celebrate the daffodil? 


© Cathy L. Mere, 2021



Comments

  1. Indeed. I have one in my haiku diary from March! Daffodils are so joyful...and so HOPEful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to search for one, thinking our warm days will bring them forth! They do deserve all the pausing we can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Daffodil poems are essential to the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this! Planning to share Ralph Fletcher's daffodil poem with my sixth graders on Tuesday. Would it be all right if I shared yours also?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked as the daffodils as I walked out your front yard to walk. In spite of the cold temperatures, they proudly held their heads high..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer