Slice of Life: Happiness Is Found in the Process 21 of 31

It's spring break.  You'd think that would be enough to make a person happy, but honestly it is just the start of it all.  Today I met with Julie Johnson and a group of friends to get ready for the Columbus Area Writing Project's summer work.  We will be working to write about digital literacy and the way it has changed what we do as learners and teachers.  There were so many things to love about this:

  1. I was back in Ramseyer Hall where I took many of my education classes years ago.  
  2. Listening to a professor talk about the work we would be doing.  There's something about the way they talk in the academic world that I always find so interesting.  
  3. The possibility of the road ahead.
  4. There's something about trusting a process enough to know a direction is all we need to begin.
  5. Working alongside people you know will push your thinking. 
  6. Discussions that make me think and revise what I know.
For the month of March I will be participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge hosted at Two Writing Teachers.  It will be a busy month of writing, commenting, and learning with this community.  This year I've decided to try to focus my writing around happiness.  Stop by today's link up to join the conversation or find some great reading. 

Comments

  1. I always enjoyed those kinds of challenges. You definitely grow and learn a lot. All the best in your work ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, Spring Break is a time to relax! Make sure you take time to have a break as well. This is an exciting project to be apart of though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Spring Break here yet, but I'm in the thick of analyzing our road ahead, pulling together all the threads in our curriculum, and because I'm a curriculum nerd, loving every minute of it! Great post! Love the planning part of teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This line says it all~
    There's something about trusting a process enough to know a direction is all we need to begin.
    Trusting the process allows me to take the dive and welcome whatever happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another door opening.. You continue to amaze me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be such a wonderful learning and growing experience for all involved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer