Slice of Life: Are There Words? 27 of 31

If spring won't come to you, go find spring.  Happiness is found in signs of spring. 

Are There Words?
Could there be words
that haven't been written
as spring waltzes
into the world
with brush strokes of color?

Could there be
new words
to describe the beauty
of the flowers
in bloom?

Could there be
a way to capture
the sounds of an earth,
silent only days ago
now bursting with life?

Is it possible
to find a unique way
to show
the whisper of water,
until recently standing still?

Are there words
to illustrate
the deepness of green,
the brightness of blooms,
the blue of the sky?

Is there a way
to ever truly capture
the joy
as the earth awakens
from a long winter slumber?

© Cathy L. Mere, 2015



For the month of March I will be participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge hosted at Two Writing Teachers.  It will be a busy month of writing, commenting, and learning with this community.  This year I've decided to try to focus my writing around happiness.  Stop by today's link up to join the conversation or find some great reading. 


It's Poetry Friday!  Stop by Check It Out where Jone hosts today's parade of wondrous words.






Comments

  1. I've asked myself this question many times, Cathy. I think you did a magnificent job of capturing "the joy/as the earth awakens/from a long winter slumber."

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there are words, I think you've found them. Just lovely, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hopeful to capture some lilacs soon! Lovely words & I like the repetition, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we can ever truly capture the splendor of creation with our words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer