Poetry Month: Rest, Oh Robin, Rest 21 of 30

It's here!  It's National Poetry Month!  I'll hoping to write a poem every day this month.  I've decided to keep it simple this year.  I'm going to write about whatever strikes me each day.  I suppose it will be like a rollercoaster ride of poetry.  You'll never be quite sure what you're in for from day to day.

Today's inspiration:  the crazy robin who has nested in a tree by our sidewalk




Robin
tormented,
crashes into glass,
collides with windows,
thumps against mirrors.
Each morning
the fight begins
to protect
the nest.                                  
defending,
guarding,
his only enemy...

himself.



Comments

  1. Oh, that is a surprise at the end. I've heard of smaller birds doing this, but never a robin. I like the arrangement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer