Poetry Month: Who's the Fool 1 of 30

Well, I made it through 31 days of writing for the Slice of Life Challenge.  I'm so grateful for the wonderful community TWT has developed.  Of course, the calendar turns to poetry month.  I'm a bit busy these days (aren't we all), but I can't resist a poem each day.  This year to keep it simple, I'm just going to be writing the poem that finds me each day.  I want to play a bit.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  

Thanks to Margaret Simon, Leigh Anne Eck, Michelle Haseltine, Linda Baie, Julieanne Harmatz, and Kevin Hodgson for giving the final push.  We are linking using the hashtag #digipoetry.  I have to also thank my everyday poetry mentors Mary Lee Hahn & Amy Ludwig Vanderwater.  They continually inspire me.  You'll find more poetry on the sidebar. 

I hope Mother Nature
isn't trying to fool me
with her carpets of green
and walls of bright blue.

I hope Mother Nature
isn't trying to fool me
as the birds flit from tree to tree
singing songs of promise.

I hope Mother Nature
isn't trying to fool me
as she warms the earth
with light from the sun.

I know Mother Nature
is trying to fool me
as the purple crocus opens
and the daffodils begin to rise.

These days just whisper
of possibility,
but she changes
her mind often.

I know how Mother Nature works
and in the days to come
this joke
will be on me.

@Cathy L. Mere, 2015

 


Comments

  1. Ah, a whispering for April Fool's Day-how lovely! Did you find a photo to accompany your winter poem for Winter Whisperings? If not, I will use the background that you sent with the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we know that April in Ohio isn't always consistently warm and springlike! I, too, hope the signs of spring aren't fooling us too badly. Perfect poem for today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect poem for today! It was seventy in Colorado today. Tomorrow it's supposed to SNOW!!!!! AAARGH! And I totally agree with you-- the commenting thing is totally overwhelming with Slices. I love reading everyone's stories, I just can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beginning of each of your stanzas, lovely repeating. And sad to say, we have snow in the forecast for tomorrow, back warm by the weekend. Some of the trees bloomed today I noticed as I drove home. I hope the snow isn't too heavy, or 'this joke will be on me', as you wrote. Thanks, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, today was beautiful and 70. Tomorrow thunderstorms. Friday snow. What is going on? Loved your poem of today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to my world. Tomorrow is supposed to be 57, then snow for four days. It better just be that kind that doesn't stick. Love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life in Ohio.... Today it will be 83 in the South and everything is blooming! I will think of you as I walk this morning and see all the Spring flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weather is always changing around here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer