Poetry Month: Rooted 27 of 30

The tree stands
where it always stood,
watching,
knowing.

It has always been there
providing shade,
lifting its branches
in warm hello.

Its solid trunk
stands tall
helping the tree see
what others cannot.

The dependable tree
waits quietly,
listens,
comforts.

In life's busyness
the tree's forgotten,
leaves fall,
seeds sow.

Time passes,
days
turn to weeks,
weeks to years.

Finally I step outside
where the tree
stands tall,
ever loyal.

The tree awaits,
leaves greener than I remember,
holding my stories,
my comfortable friend.

© Cathy L. Mere, 2015

It's April and National Poetry Month.  I'm writing a poem every day to help celebrate!  Thanks to Margaret SimonLeigh Anne EckMichelle HaseltineLinda BaieJulieanne Harmatz, and Kevin Hodgson for giving the final push.  We are linking using the hashtag #digipoetry.  I have to also thank my everyday poetry mentors Mary Lee Hahn & Amy Ludwig Vanderwater.  They continually inspire me.  You'll find more poetry on the sidebar. 

Comments

  1. Trees are so beautiful and you have captured the life of a tree so well. Have you ever leaned up against a tree and felt it's energy flow into your body????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer