Poetry Month: empty spaces 12 of 30

walking
through the quiet house
into rooms
once filled with laughter
now only silence 
lives there

Cathy L. Mere, 2015


It's April and National Poetry Month.  I'm writing a poem every day to help celebrate!  Thanks to Margaret SimonLeigh Anne EckMichelle HaseltineLinda BaieJulieanne Harmatz, and Kevin Hodgson for giving the final push.  We are linking using the hashtag #digipoetry.  I have to also thank my everyday poetry mentors Mary Lee Hahn & Amy Ludwig Vanderwater.  They continually inspire me.  You'll find more poetry on the sidebar. 

Comments

  1. I walked through those same rooms with the same thoughts.. There is a time for everything and it is the way it is supposed to be... Funny how we sometimes would have given anything for a minute of quiet, but when we have it, we miss the craziness..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in this house! And I so miss the noise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer