23 of 30 Pinterest

Yes, the rocky poem days continue.  However, my goal all along has been to just get into a writing habit.  At 54 days I guess I'm getting there.  Hopefully this will at least make a few people smile or shout loud "Amens" from afar.    

Pinterest is quite addictive.
I could hang out there all day.
Looking at pictures shared by friends,
Pinning a better way.

I can find a link to show me:
How to make a tasty cake,
The recipe for a side dish,
Or the way to grill a steak.

I can find a pinned description,
To help me remodel a room.
The perfect accents to display,
Or the way to cut flowers in bloom.

I can learn to organize a closet,
Or to clean a space in need.
I can find the secret to scouring a pan,
Or the secret to ending the weeds.

If I need a special trick,
To teach students how to add,
Or am looking for a poem,
The ideas aren't really half bad.

Finding all these delights,
Is quite an inspiration.
But really getting things done,
Takes effort and perspiration.


© Cathy L. Mere, 2012


Comments

  1. I say, "Amen!" I could get lost in that world . . .

    Congrats on your writing for 54 days! However, today I feel like writing is like dieting. It's so hard to stay on track, to build that stamina, and create the habit - yet, it's so easy to fall back into old ways! I can't believe I haven't written since last Tuesday and now I'm sitting, wondering, waiting for an idea to come to me. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an account, but just can't seem to get back to it. It is appealing & once I'm there, I look & look-just as your poem says, Cathy. Neat to write about it. You should post the poem on one of your boards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer