We're left to rely on a Verizon Mifi which, though it is the best thing we've had, is slow and inconsistent. We constantly are kicked off, have to wait, or need to reload pages (yes, that uses data). Additionally, with four people using the allotted GBs, we run out often.
I was feeling sorry for myself for having to write this post from my phone as I don't have time this evening to run out for internet, but then I remembered DIAL-UP. Oh, dial-up. Remember the beep beep beep as it connected. The torturous wait time to load a page. The enormous amount of time required to download a picture.
Since it is "Memory Monday" for me, I thought I'd share a few things I am glad we have updated.
1. The rotary phone with a cord.
2. The typewriter.
3. Good bye records, hello iPod!
4. Cars with cold seats (heated seats rock).
5. TV with three working channels (ok, I am fine with three channels, but I love the remote).
6. Paper maps! (GPS, how I love you!)
7. Overhead projectors.
8. Camera film to develop.
9. Banker's hours (thank you ATM).
10. VCR cameras as big as an infant.
What am I forgetting?