Day 20 SOL 16: The Promise of Spring


As we followed
the winding road south,
we crossed 
the line to spring
much earlier 
than usual.
The brown turning green.
The white dogwood blooms
dotting the meandering road.
The redbud
accenting the world 
in shades of sunset pink.
Signs of hope.
The promise of
days to come.

© Cathy L. Mere, 2015





For the month of March I will be participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge hosted at Two Writing Teachers.  It will be a busy month of writing, commenting, and learning with this community.  Stop by today's link up to join the conversation or find some great reading.



Comments

  1. You found spring! And we had snow, but much melted today, great moisture! I like that you wrote a poem meandering your way south, showing the change to lots of color! Happy Travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful poem. It reminds me of my trip south a few years ago from Wisconsin to Ohio. I felt as I traveled through Indiana, that spring was springing before me very eyes! Your poem helped me travel back to that time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great words to show the changes as you traveled South! It's a beautiful place to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some of those same trees - the whites and the pinks populated the highway and brought such happiness. Happy travels wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great trip! We had a terrific week of Spring last week- daffodils, crocuses, temperatures approaching 70, and then we had six inches of snow and ice and slush on Friday and another two on Saturday! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for the hope, for the signs of spring too. I finally found some today, on the first official day of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We enjoyed the same views as we drove south. It was so beautiful! Happy Spring Break! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo with your poem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer