Slice of Life: Spring Break! 22 of 31

It's the 22nd day of the March Slice of Life Challenge.  31 days of writing.   Thanks to the amazing Two Writing Teachers team for all of their support in this event.

It's spring break.
If you are looking for me
I might be
writing
fingers at the keyboard,
cup of coffee at my side,
searching for words,
playing on paper.

It's spring break.
If you are looking for me
I might be
desperately avoiding
wrestling with my taxes,
laboring over FAFSA forms,
cleaning cupboards, closets, and hidden piles,
scouring floors, sinks, and windows.

It's spring break.
If you are looking for me
I might be
discovering places:
meandering through the zoo,
gazing at light shows,
walking through the park,
finding a new place to eat.

It's spring break.
If you are looking for me
I might be
putting responsibilities aside
reading a new book,
soaking in the sunshine (please let there be sunshine),
spending time with friends and family,
celebrating life!

© Cathy L. Mere

Comments

  1. It sounds like a lot of good places to be, especially when not in a hurry! Have a good, good break, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the sun shines for you on your spring break. Love your picture. Looks like you have some help with your computer time. Enjoy your days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love MOST of the places you'll be so if you're looking for a sidekick pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...please let the sun shine this spring break...I'm crossing my fingers and toes. Have fun Cathy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beginning of a break allows for so many opportunities ahead. I hope you get to experience them all. Especially the sun shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three cheers for spring break! We went to FPConservatory last night -- GREAT show, fun photo ops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are able to accomplish all you have on your to-do list, but I mostly hope that you have a great time doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the playful feel of this poem (more getting ready for April!) And the repetition of the first three lines of every stanza. Really lovely! Hope you have a terrific break, with LOTS of sunshine and some great books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this was fun to read! I think it is the perfect mentor text and I'd love to try this for my slice tomorrow! Do you mind? (Full credit given, of course!) I hope you enjoy your days to come and you also accomplish all on your poetry to-do list! (Maybe writing your to-do list in poetry form will help you accomplish more! Hmmmm.....wonder if there is any research on that?!?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try Dirty Franks. You'll have to let me know how it is. According to the weatherman, we'll get that sunshine, but we are still going to need our winter coats. :) Have fun discovering new things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect slice to begin spring break! I will have to try something like it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you constructed this poem, Cathy. I hope you have a wonderful break, with lots of writing, books, exploring, family & friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cathy,
    This poem is a fun mentor text link! Thanks for sharing it with the world you creative writer you!
    Enjoy your break-may there be sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful way to write about your spring break!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer