It's the thirteenth day of the March Slice of Life Challenge. 31 days of writing. Thanks to the amazing Two Writing Teachers team for all of their support in this event.
13. I don't have to clean my house when he comes over.
12. He loves to drive. I don't.
11. He knows music like nobody's business. On a recent road trip I tested his knowledge using Pandora's decade stations. He was impressive naming artists and songs from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.
10. He has fun wherever he goes. He can go with the flow in any situation.
9. He can have fun just sitting around the living room and hanging out with the family.
8. He has rocking internet at his house. (Sorry, we have a painfully slow cellular connection.)
7. He's willing to drive across state lines for an adventure.
6. He is always ready for a coffee run.
5. He is able to see things from two sides. He's not extreme anything.
4. He has great stories.
3. I'm sure I saw a gray hair finally. OK, I'm fibbing. That red hair never grays!
2. He's the best grandpa. I mean who else takes his granddaughter out to lunch on his birthday and pays the tab? I'm pretty sure she should have bought his lunch.
1. He is my dad. I know I can always count on him to be there.
A little more about my dad:
His 2013 birthday post.
His 2012 birthday post.
You know I loved my word for 2017. I'm a little sad to let it go . STRETCH will certainly be missed. Here are my past words: ST...
Today I decided to have a little fun with Mary Lee at A Year in Reading (stop by for other creations from this animation). She chose this ...
Today I'm joining a Slice of Life hosted by Two Writing Teachers. Stop by for links to this amazing community of writers. Recently...
It's Poetry Friday! It seemed only right to dedicate today's post to Valentine's Day. It is February 14th, after all, which...