Slice of Life: The Line Between 21 of 31

It's the  21st day of the March Slice of Life Challenge.  31 days of writing.   Thanks to the amazing Two Writing Teachers team for all of their support in this event.   It's also Poetry Friday so I decided to try a little poetry for this evening.  Poetry Friday is hosted by Julie Larios at The Drift Record.


The Line Between
The moon stands boldly
in the blue black sky
not ready to say goodnight.

It watches the sun
begin to rise
on the other side of the earth.

The sun peeks
above the green of the world
into the white blue sky.

It smiles at the moon.
Seeing itself
in the moon's reflection.

Driving down
the gray paved narrow road
I watch them play.

Moon greets sun.
Sun greets moon.
The line between
                     night and day.



© Cathy L. Mere

Comments

  1. Beautiful poem I love that line between night and day, especially in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love moon poems, Cathy, & this is a wonderful response to what really does happen. I drive to work less & miss seeing that moon set/sunrise moment-it really happens! I like the way you did the line breaks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem captures that magical part of the day in a lovely way. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous poem...when I first read the title, I misread it as The Line Between 21 AND 31 and thought it was going to be about reaching a breaking point or a milestone. I like this even better...I love the play in the rhyme at the end:

    Driving down
    the gray paved narrow road
    I watch them play.

    Moon greets sun.
    Sun greets moon.
    The line between
    night and day.

    Lovely...you should listen to all these folks telling you to write a children's book...that one poem right there could be a beautiful book all by itself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, and the last stanza is perfect, Cathy! I was noticing the moon on my way to work earlier in the week, too. Wasn't it gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Cathy, I am constantly fascinated by lines that divide, the boundaries, the edges, the borders. Thank you for painting this beautiful picture with us through your words today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was moon-watching this morning, up at four. So I set a timer for every 30 minutes so I could check out the moon and savor the changes. Love your poem about the line between night and day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of Twilight Comes Twice, that special time as night melts into the morning or the evening slips into darkness. The images are beautiful and I could just imagine you driving to school, already creating this poem in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that time of day. You captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You walk the line beautifully in this poem, Cathy. I especially loved the moment when the sun saw itself in the moon's reflection. Thank you for allowing me to enjoy it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer