Where's the Snow

I wrote this Saturday while the rain poured at our house.  It was gray and dreary.  I thought I'd save it to post later in the week, but it sounds like snow is coming tonight so I better post it now.

Where's the Snow?

Where
is the gentle
snow
floating,
drifting,
painting the brown
a clean
crisp
white?

Where
is the snow
reflecting the sun
making the gray
brighter,
glistening,
sparkling
for all to see?

Instead
the cold rain
drops to the ground
making the gray
grayer
making the brown
browner
as it pings
gently on the window
a cold
hello.

© Cathy L. Mere, 2015

Comments

  1. Guess you brought the snow and enough to have a snow day!!!! I always loved the new fallen snow when everything is covered in white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr! I'm cold just reading your poem! We're supposed to get freezing drizzle all night tonight. Not looking forward to the drive tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about the GREY on Monday, too! Then the WHITE came. Then the COLD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I missed this post back in January so I thought I'd respond now since this week I wrote about National Umbrella Day, http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2015/02/winter-weary-try-slice-of-positivity.html. The last lines resonated with me: as it pings / gently on the window / a cold / hello. Yes, the rains have come in the form of sleet here and the greeting is COLD. I enjoyed reading this poem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer