National Poetry Week: Yes to Not 12 of 30


Yes to Not

This morning 
I decided 
not.
Not to run.
Not to clean that closet.
Not to listen to my head full of shoulds:
the chorus of ought.

Instead
I grabbed my book,
made another cup of coffee,
and gazed longingly at the sunshine;
who smiled her knowing smile,
and affirmed 
my decision to
NOT. 

© Cathy L. Mere, 2021




It's National Poetry Month. This year, I CHOOSE JOY as my One Little Word Phrase. Since I'm on the lookout for JOY, it makes sense to share a poem each day this month about what I find. 




Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect decision to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 'things' do keep calling but I'm glad you grabbed that cup of coffee, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to listen to them. Bahahahaha.

      Delete
  3. You are doing retirement the right way!!!!! Every day and every minute does not have to be planned.. Go where your heart takes you and enjoy the ride...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have grown accustomed to it quite quickly. I think you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer