National Poetry Month: Evening Show 26 of 30

 It's always something to see the full moon rise in the blue sky of evening.



It's National Poetry Month. This year, I selected "CHOOSE JOY" as my One Little Word Phrase. Since I'm on the lookout for JOY, it makes sense to share a poem each day this month about what I find. 







Evening Show

"Play with me sun,"
    the moon pleads from afar.
Shining so bright,
    it feels like a star.

"Let's share the blue sky,"
    moon says with a grin.
As her circle of light
    takes night for a spin.

The sun smiles brightly,
    in orange and in red
"It's been a long day,
    I'm going to bed." 

© Cathy L. Mere, 2021

Comments

  1. Aw, this, if a little longer, could be a very sweet picture book, Cathy! I just went out to see that fabulous moon! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I agree with Linda, it could be a picture book. And this reminds me, I need to go look at the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The words make it sound like a game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer