National Poetry Month: Snow Day 21 of 30



Snow Day! 

White blankets the ground
    adorns the trees.
Fluffy flakes float
    from 
        the 
            morning
                sky.

"Snow Day!" I announce,
    to no one but myself;
I glance once more, then
    go 
        back 
            to 
                bed. 


© Cathy L. Mere, 2021



It's National Poetry Month. This year, I selected "CHOOSE JOY" as my One Little Word Phrase. Since I'm on the lookout for JOY, it makes sense to share a poem each day this month about what I find. 


Comments

  1. Cathy, you've certainly captured the reality of a special kind of snow day! Those days when the snow is floating are wonderful--that's my favorite kind of snow. Going back to bed and saving the enjoyment for later makes it even better. {smile}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer