20 of 30 Stories in the Wind

"Somewhere in the first draft lies an opportunity to make great discoveries by adding what fits, and then by cutting what doesn't match the richest additions."  Kim Stafford, The Muses Among Us.  Putting writing out into the world in its earliest stages has been the hardest part of the last two months of these challenges.  I always feel these poems need time to sit for awhile, then to be revisiting, and then to be re-visioned.  This draft awaits opportunity.  




stories in the wind
wind whispers
stories familiar
as it blows
from places
far away

stories
of yesterday's
memories
stories
of today's
triumphs

sometimes
stillness
takes over
we forget
the sounds
the feel of it

as the breeze
returns
we are gently
reminded of
the stories
yet again


© Cathy L. Mere, 2012


Comments

  1. I know what you mean, Cathy. The 'quick writes' are not always so satisfying. I remember posting one poem that I even shared I was not so satisfied with, & now wish I'd made a file called "look at this again". I like this final verse of the poem, & the whole metaphor of the wind blowing memories in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer