The Clock: National Poetry Month 30 of 30

The clock ticks
and I sit
fingers at the keyboard
fighting a poem
yet again.

The clock tocks
and I wish
it would tell me
what to write,
whisper words to me.

The clock's hands
move in circles;
my hands
wait patiently
for words to fill the page.

Minutes turn to hours
while I search for rhythms
to make lines sing.
Waiting on the moment
when poem and pen become one.

© Cathy L. Mere 2014

Well, this poem explains about a third of my nights in April as I tried to get a poem posted by midnight.  

In March I wrote every day as part of the Slice of Life Challenge.  This month I have written 30 poems about objects.  It's been a bit of a challenge.  My hope had been to capture the stories behind the objects of our lives.  For the first seven days of the challenge I wrote about "objects of memory," then "objects I just can't live without," "school objects" and finally a little "playground poetry."

Of course, I wouldn't have survived the month without the inspiration of Mary Lee Hahn, Amy Ludwig VanDerwater, Linda Baie, Carol Wilcox, Catherine, Kevin, Julianne, Leigh and other poetry bloggers (view links in sidebar) taking the challenge to share poetry each day during the month of April.  

Comments

  1. I love this poem! Somehow I lost track of you these last few weeks. Catching up now and loving every line, rhythm and rhyme! Brava dear poetic friend! Well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer