Slide: National Poetry Month 25 of 30

via WikiMedia Commons
photo by KRTaikoo
Slide

twisting,
    turning,
the slide
    slithers,
from sky
    to soil,
joyfully,
    children
       race
         from
              top
                 to
            bottom,
                 again
                     and
                      again!

©  Cathy L. Mere  2014



I'm writing poetry for 30 days.  For the first seven days of the challenge I wrote about "objects of memory," then "objects I just can't live without" and "school objects."  For the next seven days I will be writing about objects that can be found on the playground.  This will help me to prepare for a little poetry writing with students.  Our class will be taking poetry around the building in the days to come.  


April is National Poetry Month.  Again this year, inspired by Mary Lee Hahn, I'm joining other poetry bloggers (view links in sidebar) taking the challenge to share poetry each day during the month of April.  For thirty days my hope is to write a new poem each day.  The first two years I took this challenge I wrote any poem that found me.  This year, however, I've decided to try to write a poem about an object each day.  If you've read Billy Collins' poem, The Lanyard, you may have noticed the way he took an object to tell a much more meaningful story of his relationship with his mother.  My hope is to find the deeper significance in the things around me.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer