My personal rule is to comment on at least three blogs anytime I participate in a collaborative blogging event. This year I've wrestled with several plans, but still worry about all that I am missing. Today I decided to make a plan that I could stick with for the final two weeks of the challenge. I took the groups I know I don't want to miss and divided them across seven days. Each day I will choose one spot and focus my comments on that group. I'm going to choose each day, but I can't go back to the same space in a week.
The Core: Everyday I will begin by commenting on the three blogs who have posted right before I do.
Our School Challenge: Everyday I will approve the posts from our school participants and comment on at least 5 posts.
The Daily Selection:
- Twitter (2 days in the week): I will go to the Twitter hashtag #sol15 and comment on at least three posts that have been tweeted by participants.
- Local Friendly Five (2 days): Many of my friends, and even some family members, are participating in the challenge. Many of these slicers live close to me. I don't want to miss this group so I will be commenting on at least 5 from my local friendly circle.
- Connected Blogs: In the years I have been blogging and using Twitter, I've come to know many other educators and bloggers who continually inspire me. We often collaborate with one another across blog events. I know I can go to this group with a question anytime and will have immediate help. One day each week I will devote to making sure I stop by some of the "connected blogs" I like to visit.
- Choose a Class: I wish I had time to stop by every class every day, but I don't know how to make that work. One day each week I will choose a class to read and comment.
- 30 Minute Treasure Hunt: I love this one. I'm going to find a starting place from the comments in Two Writing Teachers. I will go to a blog, read, and comment. Then looking through the comments I will go to the blog of one of the commenters, read, and leave a comment. Then repeat. I will continue the treasure hunt for 30 minutes.
For the month of March I will be participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge hosted at Two Writing Teachers. It will be a busy month of writing, commenting, and learning with this community. This year I've decided to try to focus my writing around happiness. Stop by today's link up to join the conversation or find some great reading.