National Poetry Month: Self-Employed (13 of 30)

 It's National Poetry Month. I will be posting a poem each day. No theme. I'm just going to follow the spark each day, wherever I might find it. It's bound to be messy. 


For National Poetry Month, Mary Lee Hahn has been writing a cherita poem each day on her blog: Poetrepository. I've been intrigued and decided it was time to give one a try. It seems to me, Mary Lee most often begins with her "pop" right at the beginning of her poem. I love the way the truth is right there from the start. 

My "pop" seems to come a bit more at the end of my poem. I'm still playing, but this was a fun form to try. Thanks, Mary Lee. 




Self-Employed

"Occupation?" the form asked. 


I began to write self-employed
instead of retired. 


Retired denotes ceased to work,
but every day I am here
with pen in hand. 


© Cathy L. Mere, 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer