National Poetry Month: Happy Monday (10 of 30)

It's National Poetry Month. I will be posting a poem each day. No theme. I'm just going to follow the spark each day, wherever I might find it. It's bound to be messy.  


Happy Monday

Mondays felt different 
not long ago,
when I set an alarm,
and to work I would go.

The darkness would taunt me,
my eyes still asleep,
as I raced out the door,
a schedule to keep. 

Dinner in the crock pot,
coffee in hand,
I'd begin the week 
with everything planned.

By the end of the day,
life would all be off course,
I'd be sure the week,
couldn't get any worse.

Now on Mondays
I rise after the sun;
I still make some coffee,
but I don't have to run.

I just open my book
and watch the sunrise.
Monday is a day
I no longer despise. 

© Cathy L. Mere, 2023

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer