My Guilty Pleasure: #micropoetry

It's Poetry Friday.   Today's event is hosted at No Water River.   Stop by.  

During the hubbub of the holidays Maureen Devlin (@lookforsun) began tweeting about #micropoetry.  It was busy at the time and "micro" sounded like exactly what I needed.  I clicked the link and sat for some time reading these tiny poems written on Twitter in l40 characters or less.  Of course, I had to try a few.  Here are my first #micropoems written at that time:



Of course weeks passed, but I continued to stalk the #micropoetry hashtag.  If you haven't stopped by, you might want to check it out.  Today I decided to try a few #micropoems for Poetry Friday.

Endless Winter
White blankets the earth
I try to envision 
The green grass
The flowers soon to fill the yard
The birds fluttering again
Hurry spring.

Writer's Block
The dark keys
stare at me
as if I should have something to say.
I stare back
as if they should help.
There is a silence
between us.
Temporary.

Micropoetry is a little addictive.  I haven't had this much fun playing with words and lines since #6wordstories.  I'd love for you to give #micropoetry a try in the comments below.






Comments

  1. Love your "Endless Winter" poem, especially the last line, "Hurry spring." I think a lot of people can relate to that sentiment. Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #micropoetry

    I need another hashtag
    to follow
    like a dog needs another scent:
    irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of micropoetry! Gonna try it this week! And I love your micropoems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really fun. I think my favorite is Writer's Block. And I do like Mary Lee's response.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer