Poetry Month: The Last Poem 30 of 30

For the month of April, I'll be writing poetry each day in celebration of National Poetry Month.  I've decided not choose a theme, not to plan the writing, but instead to wait to see what poetry finds me each day.  


I wonder if poets
wrestle with the last poem
they place in a collection.

Do they struggle
to find the perfect
arrangement of words?

Do they lose sleep
trying to create rhythms
of sounds for readers?

Do they hope
to find the perfect end
to make readers sigh?

I wonder if poets realize
the last poem
is a new beginning.


© Cathy L. Mere, 2018




Comments

  1. Yes! It is a new beginning! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect way to end! I am definitely struggling with my last poem! Maybe I just need to think of it as a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm going to say "ah", and I certainly hope they do. Lovely way to end this fabulous month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer