"Lean into the stretch and grow, breakthrough limits and old ways that no longer serve and eventually soar and reach deeper levels of strength and faith and expression."
- Christine Arylo, Are You Feeling Stretched?
In 2017, I chose the word STRETCH (read about it here). I'm honestly having a hard time leaving in 2018 though I know what I've learned will stay with me. In a new position at school, STRETCH gave me permission to tackle tougher challenges. An introvert at heart, STRETCH made me reach out to others a bit more (yeah, I'm not there yet). Here are a few favorite STRETCHes from 2017.
- Taste of Home: German Chocolate Cake
- Betty Crocker: Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- The Girl Who Ate Everything: Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake (we have found we love this one with peanut butter icing)
- Oh no! The raspberry cheesecake recipe is MIA
STRETCH has given me the permission to try things that are a bit uncomfortable. I have a feeling the lessons I've learned will stay with me - as will the power of this one little word, STRETCH.