Slice of Life: When You Can't Decide

I'm a terrible decision maker.  There are just so many possibilities in this world, I don't want to have to decide.  It's the reason I say I will cook, but I dislike having to choose what we are having for dinner.  It's the reason I am always reading at least three books at a time.  It's the reason getting dressed each morning is a dreaded task.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

This evening I was gathered with friends on the patio for dessert.  It was the perfect night, minus a few mosquitoes, the temperature was just right, daylight stayed late, and the conversation was delightful.  After chatting over tacos and salsa, we left the table to get some dessert.  As we gathered around the kitchen counter, two glorious pies were lifted from their containers.  Oh no, two pies?!?  Decision time.  The first pie was a strawberry pie with whip cream swirling across the top.  Who can resist a strawberry pie?  Especially in June when strawberries are at their best.

Out came pie number two.   Once again the fluffy layer of whipped cream across the top hid the pie underneath, but the chocolate chips decorating the top were a dead giveaway.  Chocolate pie!  Both pies looked ah-maz-ing!  What to do?  What to do?

I was stuck.  Chocolate or strawberry.  Chocolate or strawberry.  Then I realized maybe this wasn't an "either-or" question, maybe this was an "and" solution.  Why not a little bit of both?

Why make a decision when one doesn't need to be made?  Why choose one piece of pie when you can have two?  Life's too short to limit ourselves, when you can't decide, don't.




It's Tuesday.  Today I'm joining the Slice of Life Challenge hosted at Two Writing Teachers Stop by today's link up to join the conversation or find some great reading.

Comments

  1. AND! Yes!!! I can relate to decision making struggles...oh, it's the worst. I'm so glad this decision was an easy one for you! Mmmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decisions are a trial! I feel like my brain gets heavier with every question...
    But for pie! " Both"is a great answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the right (and delicious) decision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, get stuck on the either-or decision path. I keep forgetting that BOTH can be an option! Glad you enjoyed your pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in agreement with you to choose both pieces. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sitting here cheering "BOTH" as I read your slice. I love a happy ending! -- Christie @ https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely made the right decision here! Wouldn't it be great if all decisions were so easily resolved?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally!!! So glad to see you slicing. I miss you. Will you be at NerdCamp or ILA? Hope to connect soon.
    Clare and Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right there with you! A little of both is perfect! Or maybe a lot of both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My grandma was famous for "a sliver of each."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having a bit of each when life offers delicious choices. I'm not a decision maker either, so I totally identify with your dilemma.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Friday is Here: Candy Hearts

Slice of Life: Savor Summer